Our policy and fundamental principles in hk trade
Every aspect of this policy is focused on achieving and upholding the Fundamental Principles, which are both the foundation and vision to realize our responsible business ambitions.
As we work with suppliers who share and commit to these Principles, within their own business and across their extended supply chain, we will be able to effect change.
There are five main fundamental principles that you should take into account when initiating the development of an office culture.
1. Working together to reach company goals
2. Celebrate success and champion innovation
3. Get it right from the start
4. Create an affable working environment
5. Communication and engagement
THE FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPLES ARE:
- Business is conducted lawfully and with integrity.
- All workers are treated equally and with respect and dignity
- Work is conducted on a voluntary basis
- All workers are of an appropriate age
- All workers are paid fair wages
- Working hours for all workers are reasonable
- All workers’ health and safety are protected at work
- All workers have access to fair procedures and remedies
- Work is conducted on the basis of freely agreed and documented terms of employment
- All workers are free to exercise their right to form and/or join trade unions or to refrain from doing so and to bargain collectively Land rights of communities, including indigenous peoples, will be protected and promoted Business is conducted in a manner which embraces sustainability and reduces environmental impact